Monday, February 21, 2011

Alleycats

Amber lights, dim in the haze
Out in the alley, where the alleycats play
Gin in the glovebox
Rings in their hands
Hold stolen gems from faraway lands

Temper, Temper
Watch what you say
It'll be recorded
It'll be replayed

Puff out your gossip
Suck in a cough
We're waiting for
Them shoes to drop

Feel the claws
In the small of your back
Relax, you like it like that
Clever kitten, she's got her prey
Another story that she will trade

We've all got our ways
Of wastin' our precious time
Tell me now that I found yours
Can you take a guess at mine

Fame and shadows
Begin in the day
Let morning chase the darkness away
Now I can see all the things
I've done wrong
Listening to the break of dawn

Draw your face, be ashamed
Root 'round in
The mess you've made

Turn your back
On all the good that you've done
Then you can feel
Them slender fingers run

Flick a match
And sit up and wait
Watch the smoke
And the shape that it makes
Listen close to the creakin' board
And the stairway juts past the door

We've all got our ways
Of wastin' our precious time
Tell me now that I found yours
Can you take a guess at mine (x2)

No comments:

Post a Comment